Horsforth! The Best of British: wine and cheese tasting ~ Fri 19th June 2020
Friday 19th June, 7-9PM
AT Woodlawn Coffee, Town St, Horsforth, LS18 4AP
PRICE: £37.50 | 6 WINES | 4 CHEESES
Never tried British wine? Didn't know it existed? This is a night that is going to blow your mind!
For the past few years, the UK has been been winning international awards and taking the wine industry by storm.
In fact, in 2017 the wine world went into gormless shock when an English white wine from Norfolk won 'World's Best White' at the Decanter Wine Awards. As most people are unaware of English wine production, you can imagine the reaction and expression of the likes of France and Italy at this result!
10 reasons to come to this exciting British wine tasting
- English sparkling wine is the new Champagne! In blind tastings, England has been trouncing France in awards and accolades!
- Love New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc? British wine is for you! Be prepared for that same zesty freshness that you love so much
- Learn about the grape varieties and wine styles that make up this wine producing region so unique and delicious!
- Cheese! You will be spoilt with some of Britain's best boutique production cheeses - perfectly paired with your wines.
- You will taste an array from styles: sparkles, white, rose, red and all served with lots of education and entertainment
- It's the future of wine! Not an exaggeration. At the 2018 Sommelier Wine Awards, 3,000 wines were blind-tasted by a panel of expert judges and more gold medals went to wines from England than from France. 2018 has been heralded the vintage of the century. English wine is only going one way.
- The Queen now only serves English sparkling wine at her banquets. Be like Liz.
- Want to reduce your carbon footprint? Buy British
- Support the British farming industry and local businesses
- But asides from being patriotic, come because these wines are flippin' fantastic!
This is one of The Drink Talking most exciting tastings of the year - don't miss out!